The Coolest “Cat” in Town
Along with the member libraries of the CCS consortia, the Glenview Public Library will be transitioning to a new catalog. From April 14 to April 17, staff will be working hard to facilitate the process with minimal disruption to your regular library experience. On April 17, the projected GO LIVE date for the new catalog, the Coolest “Cat” in Town will be purring on your screen. We will keep you informed as the catalog transition progresses.
Important to know: APRIL 14-17
The catalog will not be live.
- While you can access the catalog to search for materials, it will not be current. Please call ahead to be sure an item is on the shelf and available.
You can check out with your card.
- You must have your library card with you to check out materials. Circulation services will be very limited during this period.
No holds can be placed. No access to your account.
- The catalog will be view-only. No holds can be placed or processed during this period and you will be unable to access your account.
- Items will not be checked in during this period and fines will not be assessed on these dates. It would be helpful to keep your materials at home until the transition is complete—extra time to read and watch!
How to get ready:
Do you create lists in the catalog?
- Your current lists will not transfer to the new catalog.
- If you want to email or print your current lists
- Log into My Account
- Click on My Lists on the top menu.
- Select lists using the checkboxes.
- From the Select an Action dropdown menu, choose Email or Print.
- You will be prompted for an email address and subject heading.
Do you record your Reading History?
- Your reading history will not transfer to the new catalog.
- If you have checked Record my checkout history in your account preferences and want to keep a list of what you have checked out, you can email or print your history using the method above.
- Or, fill out the form below to receive an Excel file of your checkout history.
Why change? You’ll be able to:
- Access the catalog with any device
- Create easy to remember user names to log in to your account (Your current password will transfer, but must be typed in ALL CAPS)
- Select your preferred method of notification: email, text, or phone
- Get automatic renewal three days before an item is due (on renewable items only)
- Choose your pickup location from among the 24 libraries in our consortium