Coronavirus: Helpful Information
April 1, 2020, 3:00 PM
The Library will remain closed through April 30, following the extension of Governor Pritzker’s “Stay At Home” executive order. The Drive-Up Window and book drops are closed until the Library reopens. Please keep your materials; you will not incur fines for materials that are due while the Library is closed.
In addition, the Library is following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control regarding postponing or canceling public gatherings for eight weeks. Accordingly, all Library programs and outreach services are canceled through May 15.
Decisions regarding Library closures and program cancelations are made in conjunction with the Glenview Northbrook Coronavirus Response task force and follow guidelines from the Illinois Department of Public Health and Centers for Disease Control.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your understanding.
Preventive actions you can take (recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention):
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.