Maker Faire 2019
Saturday, May 11, 11 AM – 3 PM
Join us for a celebration of innovation, creativity, and DIY resourcefulness. Hands-on activities, STEAM projects, and tech demos for all ages.
If you are interested in demoing your project at the Glenview Public Library Maker Faire 2019, submit your project proposal here.
Maker Alley • Library Lobby
- Explore the Library of Things Steam Collection and the NEW Youth Circulating Steam Collection.
- Meet GBS Engineering students and view demonstrations of projects conceptualized and created in the Glenbrook South Makerspace.
Inspiration Station • Community Room
- Get acquainted with the Library’s 3D printer, cutting machine, button maker, sewing machines and sergers.
- Participate in a virtual reality experience.
Fiber Arts Studio • Multipurpose Room
- Drop in for knitting, crochet, and weaving demonstrations with Library staff.
- Learn about the Library’s newest resource— Creative Bug.
Upcycling Workshop • Youth Program Room
- Turn old books, tax forms, and cardboard scraps into works of art with creative upcycling projects.