Maker Faire 2019
Saturday, May 11, 11 AM – 3 PM
Join us for a celebration of innovation, creativity, and DIY resourcefulness. Hands-on activities, STEAM projects, and tech demos for all ages.
Maker Alley • Library Lobby
- Explore the Library of Things Steam Collection and the NEW Youth Circulating Steam Collection.
- Meet GBS Engineering students and view demonstrations of projects conceptualized and created in the Glenbrook South Makerspace.
Inspiration Station • Community Room
- Get acquainted with the Library’s 3D printer, cutting machine, button maker, sewing machines and sergers.
- Participate in a virtual reality experience.
Fiber Arts Studio • Multipurpose Room
- Drop in for knitting, crochet, and weaving demonstrations with Library staff.
- Learn about the Library’s newest resource— Creative Bug.
Upcycling Workshop • Youth Program Room
- Turn old books, tax forms, and cardboard scraps into works of art with creative upcycling projects.