1930 Glenview Road, Glenview, IL 60025
847-729-7500 • Monday-Friday 9 AM-9 PM
Saturday 9 AM-5 PM • Sunday 1 PM-5 PM
Kits that contain 12 copies of each title plus discussion guides. Perfect to check out for your personal book club.
Multiple copies of specially selected titles are available for your book club.
An online resource for book discussion groups that includes author information, a summary of the book, discussion questions (and answers), resources, and further reading suggestions. Glenview Library card required.
Online resources to help develop and manage your book club.
A consortium-based subscription service free to Glenview Library cardholders. Download ebooks and eAudiobooks from the comfort of your home, office, or vacation spot 24/7.
With hundreds of selections to choose from including fiction, nonfiction, and classics for both adults and youth, these titles can be downloaded to your computer, eReader, tablet, mobile device, or MP3 player. No need to worry about late fees. Materials are automatically returned for you.
e-Books for e-Kids, preschool to Grade 5. Animated talking picture books with puzzles and games to share with your children and grandchildren. Books and games are also available in Spanish and French. Additional books available in Russian and Chinese. iPad compatibility.
Love reading magazines? Check out the Library’s eMagazine collection and download magazines to your computer or mobile device – for FREE. Read full-color, cover-to-cover issues as soon as they’re available—no waiting. Log in and start reading today or download the free app.
Note: The newest upgrade to Zinio for Libraries is scheduled to be released March 10, 2015. Planned improvements include:
• One Account – New patrons will create only ONE account to register for Zinio (no need to create dual accounts between both Zinio for Libraries and zinio.com).
• New One Account apps for iPad and Android devices (iPhone and Kindle Fire HD/HDX users will still utilize the existing dual account protocol until apps for those devices are released later this year)
• All new users accessing Zinio for Libraries through their Mac (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) or PC (IE10+, Chrome, Firefox) will benefit from the simpler account registration and enhancements to the user interface.
• Please note that existing apps will remain active and patrons can continue to access any content they may have purchased through the Zinio commercial site. To enjoy the enhancements on the new Zinio for Libraries app, existing users will be required to download the NEW app onto their device (it will not appear as an update to their existing app), and any content they have accessed through their library account will automatically appear on the new app.
• For questions, please contact the Reader Services Desk.
Start your search with the Glenview Library catalog. Locate materials, manage borrowed items, track interests, and connect with the library community.
Welcome to the Enterprise Catalog System.
Glenview Library cardholders can search for books, periodicals, and other materials from libraries worldwide. Visit the OCLC First Search and look for the WorldCat® link.
Can’t find an item in the collection? Glenview Library cardholders may suggest and item to added to the Library’s collection with this online request form.
Welcome to Personally Yours, an exciting new service that allows Glenview Library cardholders to receive a customized list of book titles prepared by the Library’s Readers Advisory staff. Simply fill out the online reading preferences questionnaire to receive a book list designed just for you.
Explore read-a-like recommendations by title, author, or genre.
Handy resources to guide and enrich your reading experience.
Readers Advisors provide help to patrons with reading suggestions, book lists, book reviews, and author biographies. Fill out an online request form and a Readers Advisor will reply as soon as possible.
Enjoy 5-minute excerpts of book selections sent in your email.
Explore this extensive list of websites covering topical information for the dedicated reader. Topics include book reviews, book club ideas, readers advisory tools, and literary genre information.
The Reader Services blog is updated frequently to help you find a book recommendation, read-a-like suggestion, author information, local literary events, and more. Visit often!
Receive email newsletters that provide reading suggestions for all ages in more than twenty reading interest categories —including direct links to the Glenview Public Library’s online catalog. Sign up here.
A readers advisory resource that assists fiction and nonfiction readers of all ages in finding authors, titles, genres, or “read-a-likes” by subject, author, or plot description. NoveList Plus has full-text reviews, book discussion guides, and links to author websites. Glenview Library card required.
Computer Workshops and eReader assistance to help expand your reading experience.